Monday, September 17, 2007

TOPIC OF THE WEEK: WHY DO I WRITE?

I used to ask my friends questions like, "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be kidnapped by pirates and sent to live on a tropical island?" (This was pre-Pirates of the Caribbean). They'd say, "No." I'd get confused as to why any rational human being wouldn't be worried that the fate of the world could fall into our hands any day and we'd be forced to become spies for the Undercover Agency of Phantom Spies, an organization only known by two or three people in the whole wide world, to save the whales from extinction.

Hence, I write.

It saves my friends and family from a lot of awkward conversations and keeps me from doing some Beautiful Mind newspaper clipping thing in my room, house, and office.


Then when I started and got my first article published in a local magazine, I was hooked. So I kept writing and will do so until I stop creating imaginary people or my imaginary people become a touch too real for comfort.

Heidi Ayarbe

1 comment:

Lotheus said...

Imaginary people are so much more fun, don't you think? Plus, you can kill them and not go to jail. Love the Calvin and Hobbes, too, btw. Too bad I can't upload a pic of my Hobbes tattoo. That would be a QUALITY addition to your blog, don't you think??