Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's with Football?




Okay. I just have to say this, "I don't get it." I just CAN'T get into a game that says there are three minutes plus left over and they play another thirty. It's like when my husband says, "Yeah. Let's go," when I'm ready to leave a party and an hour later, we're still there saying goodbye. Like they say in Colombia, "People here say goodbye more than a bad circus."
But football.
I don't get it.
I don't like it.
It's all too much of ... huddling, too-fast-plays, huddling, butt-pats, coaches speaking through fancy-schmancy microphones calling out plays while the quarterback probably has some gizmo blackberry that shows the field in 3D to doublecheck the play then they call another huddle and call out numbers, then a blur of movement, then ... And only twenty seconds have gone by.
Like I said. I don't get it.
Hmmm ... maybe the game IS Colombian at heart.

3 comments:

Christina Farley said...

Ok. So I do. I grew up on this stuff. My dad had us charting the season as a family bonding experience. Popcorn. Pizza. The works. You get the picture!

MySharonAnne said...

I hate football so I can totally relate! It is just so boring. Like when that guy ran across the field with the ball and they got the lead. I just don't get what the excitement is about. He ran with a ball for like 10 seconds. Such a dumb game.

Heidi Ayarbe said...

I don't really think it's a dumb game. I just don't like games that say there are three minutes left, and thirty minutes later, they're still playing. I think the athletes are amazing, but it's so so technical to me. Hmmmm ...