Monday, November 17, 2008

Uuuuuuugh!


So, I'm trying desperately to finish the project I'm working on because 1) that's my job as a writer and 2) I have an idea for a new thing that I'm excited to start on.


And yet I barely eeked out five pages last week. Why? Time. Plain and simple. Either the kid decides not to nap or I have a house project that has to get finished before I host the out-of-town guests and parties and events that are clogging my calendar between now and the new year. And I LOVE all of those things . . . but when I can't get my writing done, I am one frustrated woman.


It seems like it's always one thing or the other - not enough inspiration, or not enough time! But oh, there are those rare and wonderful moments when we get some of both and that's when things really click.


So, I guess I'll sit on my muse and hope she sticks around until my dining room curtains are hung and my kid is in bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh..those rare and wonderful moments are what we live for. I think I had one of them Sunday. Just one, though.