Sunday, March 30, 2008

What am I reading????




I am reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter, by Jeff Lindsay. I actually just started it last night and did not want to go to sleep I just wanted to read. The hit series in Showtime, Dexter is based on this series. It's about a serial killer who kills serial killers. He was raised by his foster father who happens to be a homicide detective. He recognizes early on that Dexter is a sociopath. He teaches him a code to keep him safe, also teaching him to fake emotion since he feels none. Dexter works as a blood spatter expert in a lab for the police department, his foster sister is a cop. Lindsay's characterization is pretty darn good, and I am really enjoying Dexter's dark and secret world.


He is an unlikely hero...he is technically a bad guy who hunts other bad guys. So far I really recommend this series if you want something interesting and different to read that is not too heavy. I put down the other book I was reading to start this one because the other was taking me so long (not sure if I will go back to it). Now I am ordering the other two books.
Trish


No comments: