Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Favorite Halloween Costume

I thought of all these fictional characters like the Wicked Witch of the West out of the Wizard of Oz or one of Roald Dahl's evil witches in The Witches, but my mind kept returning to reality. Tomorrow I'll be wearing my $1.99 black pointed hat from Long's Drugstore, my green makeup and scraggly teeth from the 99 cent store, a long black skirt and a velvet opera cape with satin braid that belonged to some weird ancestor of mine....Dracula? I'll be reading spooky stories to 4th and 5th graders at the Fifteenth Street School in San Pedro and hoping to scare them mightily. These children mostly come from Spanish speaking homes and many of their families absolutely believe in ghosts so if I do my job right, they'll all be shaking in their boots!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean - What a fun blog. Finally found it after realizing it was Sharing the Brain - not the BRIAN.

Anonymous said...

Jean - what a fun blog. Finally found it after I realized your typo - that it was BRAIN not BRIAN!

Unknown said...

Jean, i wish I could be there to get scared by you!

Wann said...

Oh!! It's sounds interesting!! I like to wear witches costume with wild contact lenses on Halloween...